How to uninstall the SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services Projects) from Visual Studio 2019?
Microsoft tutorial that explains how to uninstall SSIS, i.e., the additional extension called SQL Server Integration Services Projects from Visual Studio 2019 and therefore from Windows 10. SSIS services and SSIS projects extension are two different things. The SSIS projects extension is an add-on that allows you to create packages with the Visual Studio GUI. SSIS services run on a remote server installed with a SQL Server database.
The local installation of SSIS with Visual Studio, however, allows packages to be run locally only. After development, deploy the SSIS packages to a server to run them automatically.
Video tutorial for removing SQL Server Integration Services projects in Visual Studio
The tutorial is available as a video with all the steps illustrated from a Visual Studio 2019 installation in English. In other language, the method remains the same however, only the names of the tabs and menus change.
Remove SSIS from Visual Studio 2019 step by step
To uninstall the software from your VS2019 installation, follow these steps:
- First, open Visual Studio 2019.
- Go to the Manage Extensions menu.
- Select the SQL Server Integration Services Projects extension from the list of available products in the Installed tab.
- Click on Uninstall. Then click Yes to confirm.
- Close all Visual Studio windows.
- Select the Modify option when starting the VSIX Installer.
- Finally, after a few minutes of uninstallation, validate and the software is uninstalled.
It is recommended to restart the PC or laptop before working with Visual Studio 2019 again. Finally, here is another tutorial that explains how to do the opposite, i.e. install SSIS projects on your PC from Visual Studio 2019.
To go even further on your learning path of SQL Server technologies, here is a short tutorial on how to manage the Excel data types in SSIS packages.